Thursday, April 24, 2014

When I think of child development...


This video clip represents my view of child development in a few ways:

  • It shows developmental intelligence.  How smart children are and that their capabilities go beyond the surface and sometimes into the playful and the imaginative.
  • It represents developmental progression.  I am sure that as Mateo grows up he will start to see that his behavior was acceptable and appropriate, for his 3 year old self that is.
  • It shows communicative development.  It seems that Mateo has learned enough language to make a “point”.  He also might have learned the word “honey” from his mother.  Oh, and don’t forget those facial gestures and movements.
  • It represents the innocence of a child.  You can’t help but root for him even though his argument is flawed, how sweet.


Now I want a cupcake…

Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Rosana,

    I have enjoyed following your blog weekly. I have learned a great deal from your understanding of many subjects that coincide with child development. I enjoyed reading about your birth story through the eyes of your mom. I am very excited about the opportunity I will be given in the future, as we collaborate together in our educational journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosana,

    "Linda, Linda. Listen to me. Linda. Honey." This little fella is mimicking someone, maybe his grandmother or his Dad. I didn't laugh, but it does show how intelligent and witty our children are. Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your experiences and insight with the class. I have truly enjoyed the culmination of all of our course work. And I have enjoyed your growth as a student and colleague. Thank you for the information and knowledge that you shared and the educational insight that you offered! Much success with your future schooling and professional and personal endeavors!

    Thank you!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete