Saturday, August 22, 2015

Time Well Spent

I have learned a lot from this program.

Obviously, I learned so much about children.  I learned new information, approaches, and issues and trends in the field.  I understand child development in a more in depth way.  With this knowledge, I feel more confident in my abilities to provide quality services to the children that I work with.

I also learned a lot about working with others.  I learned how to communicate and collaborate more effectively.  Thinking about who my supports are and who my ideal community of practice in a project would be, has helped me realize that I cannot do it alone.  Take this program for example, I would have not been able to achieve success without the support from my family, friends, instructors and colleagues in this program.

I learned a lot about myself.  My confidence in my abilities and my work has expanded.  I feel more prepared to take on challenges.  Returning and continuing my education after all these years has helped me realize that it is never too late and that anything is possible.

One long term goal that I have is to never stop learning.  With such a dynamic field, the need to stay open in my ways of thinking is necessary.  In order to support children and families in the best ways I must be flexible and gather relevant information for every situation in order to provide individualized support.

I want to say thank you to Johnna.  During a time of frustration you helped ease my tensions and reassured me that I was on the right track and encouraged me to not give up.

I would like to bid farewell to my colleagues.  You were more than just classmates, you are my friends.  Even though I sat at home alone on my computer completing assignments late at night I was never really alone.  There was constant communication, feedback, insights and encouragements that helped me get through the stress of working and being in school at the same time.  I wish you all the best and truly thank you for your support and sharing in this life changing experience with me.


Congratulations!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Rosana,
    Congratulations on finishing the program! I enjoyed learning from you during our many courses together. Many of your insights helped me internalize what we were learning. I thank you for always being so open and willing to share. I know you will continue on to do great things in the field of early childhood. I wish you all the best.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete