Saturday, August 23, 2014

Issues and Trends in the Early Childhood Field- Final Blog Assignment

Over the past 8 weeks I was able to establish contact and communicate with an international early childhood professional form Finland.  I also explored the website, newsletters and links from the Division for Early Childhood.  I also had the opportunity to read the blogs of my classmates and learn new information from their international contacts, organization research and podcasts.  These resources have enriched my professional development by providing me with new information on issues that were covered in addition in our required resources.  My colleagues supported me by posting valuable information and also by commenting on my blog posts and bringing up important points and questions.  
  
One consequence of learning about the international early childhood field for my professional and personal development is that it has made me more aware about the intricacy of the field and how one main issue can have multiple related issues within it.  A second consequence is that I have also learned about the inequities that exist internationally.  A third consequence is that the issue of high-quality programs and education is widespread and that a lot of it has to do with a teachers and professionals education, appropriate compensation, policies and funding.  While every program or school strives for high-quality the factors that affect this goal are always the same.


One goal for the field related to international awareness of issues and trends and the spirit of collegial relations would be to have every early childhood professional establish contact with another international professional.  Not only would this help with awareness through the sharing of information and collaboration, it would also encourage collegial relations that contribute to the spirit of the early childhood field and the passion of the people involved.

2 comments:

  1. Rosana, I enjoyed reading your post over these passed eight weeks. They were always well written, full of information and thought provoking. I would agree too that in order to foster continued awareness of international issues and trends EC professional should be intentional about maintaining communication with colleagues outside of their respective countries. I was in fact inspired to do so after my conversations with my international contacts. I recently join a international Network of EC professional through The World Forum Foundation, which is dedicated to bringing professionals together from around the world to share best practices and ideas with one another. I am very excited to be one of the newest members of this network! Thanks again and I wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosana,
    I agree that it has been interesting learning about the inequities in the early childhood field from around the globe. It is a shame that there are so many barriers that need to be broken down for the sake of these children. It is rewarding to me that so many educators have a passion to strive for professionalism and quality. It makes me hopeful for the future for the children. I enjoyed progressing through this course with you. Thanks for sharing!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete